06 November 2008

DC Trip: Episode II


The current burial site of George Washington. He wanted a bigger vault for the family so this is the result.


This was the orginal Washington family vault. As seen, if I am not mistaken, in National Treasure II.


A tree on the edge of the Bowling Green. This Tulip Poplar was actually planted by George Washington.


Washington had massive flower gardens, but I absolutely loved the shrubberies. Now I understand what the Knights Who Say Ni were talking about.
(Some of you will get that and some of you won't. If you don't get it then you will be punished by being forced to cut down a tree with a herring!)

Part of the slave's quarters. Either Washington was good to his slaves or he packed them in tight, but I was impressed with the size of the living space compared to what I expected.

No comments: