07 November 2008

DC Trip: Episode IV


The picture above is the roof of the subway station. The lighting from the sun coming through the glass and the concrete slats made for an awesome picture. I think it turned out well.


Lincoln in the marble. If I'm not mistaken it's built to his original proportions.


The crowded little bookstore in the Lincoln Memorial. You think our tax dollars could afford a much bigger place.


The Vietnam Memorial. 
My experience with this wall was more than I expected. I knew of the wall. I had seen pictures of the wall. So I though, "Well now I just get to see it up close." When you stand before this wall you become overwhelmed by the number of names, and when you realize that people were behind these names, you cannot helped but feel moved. I found out that the start of the timeline resides in the middle of the wall, so that the first soldier to fall rests beside the last soldier to fall.


The Washington Monument.
I had no idea that you can ride to the top of this thing. It was really cool. The view is amazing and the inside of the monument is filled with decorative stones from different states and countries.

No comments: